Calva is an integrated REPL powered environment for enjoyable and productive Clojure and ClojureScript in Visual Studio Code. It includes inline code evaluation, Paredit, code formatting, a test runner, syntax highlighting, linting, and more. Calva is open source, and free to use.
The below list of contents is sorted in what we think is a good Getting Started order.
One thing to note about Calva’s code formatter is that it sets the default keybinding of the Format Current Form command to tab. Good to know, right?
How to Contribute to Calva?¶
I’m glad you asked! Please see the Calva Development Wiki. (There, in a section labeled The Tao of Calva, we also try to make clear why you would want to contribute.)
- Connect Calva to Your Project
- Something to Try First (After Connecting)
- Finding Calva Commands
- Code Evaluation Tips
- The Top 10 Calva Commands
- Pretty Printing
- Customizing Calva
- REPL Jack-in and Connection Sequences
- Running Custom REPL Commands
- Workspace layouts
- Using Calva with REBL
- Using Calva with the VIM Extension
- Using Calva with WSL
- Using Calva with Remote Development
- Learn about Calva Jack-in